Monday, February 6, 2012

What's My Motivation?

Not too long ago a friend of mine brought up the subject of future goals and dreams.  A simple enough subject right?  I thought so too....until I realized that I didn't have any personal goals or dreams.  I could list hundreds of goals and dreams I have for my children, for my marriage, and for our family as a whole.  Somehow in the three and a half years that I have been a mother I have ceased to think about myself as an individual with PERSONAL goals and dreams.  Sad right?  It had me pretty freaked out, but I tried to make myself feel better by saying that someday (when my children were older) I would have time for my own goals.

It was weeks later that I realized that a dream had already started to take shape.  It had been there for a while, but I just kept trying to put it out of my mind.  This realization came when I took some family photos for a friend of mine.  She was thrilled with how they turned out, and told me to be ready for requests for my services from her friends.  As flattered as I was with this praise, I know that I am not a professional photographer.  There are so many things I need to learn before I'd be comfortable with taking money from anyone.  Not to mention the fact that photography only fits into my life as a hobby right now.  However, someday there will be room in my life for more than just a hobby.

An just like that....goals and dreams out the wazoo ;)  I have a lot of little goals that I'll roll into one....over the next year I want to learn as much as I possibly can about photography and photo editing.  I already take thousands of photos of my family every year (snapaholic might be an understatement), so I should have plenty of practice.  I hope to use this blog to share what I'm learning with other "snapaholics".

My dream is to someday make my living as a natural light photographer.  I can't think of anything better than helping families preserve precious moments in time.  Who knows?  My dream might come true....it might not.  Right now it's just nice to have one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment